Broadway House Chambers remains open for business! We have embraced, and continue to embrace, these changing times. We are here for our clients, both new and old.
In some cases there are slight alterations to barristers practice. This involves conducting telephone/video conferences where possible, to avoid face-to-face interaction (following Bar Council guidance which can be found here). We have implemented a range of methods/software whereby this can take place. Counsel and Staff have various Software readily available such as Zoom and Skype for Business. Should you have a video conference facility preference and wish to instruct us, please inform a Clerk upon making a booking. We are being guided by Governing Bodies such as the Bar Council, North Eastern Circuit, the FLBA, HMCTS, Public Health England etc.
Broadway House Chambers staff are now on a phased return back into the office with effect from 3 August 2020. Both Leeds and Bradford Chambers will now be staffed 9.00-5.30pm Monday to Friday with social distancing in place.
Broadway House Chambers is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all staff, and visitors to its sites by protecting them from harm. The following precautions have been implemented:
- A one way system around both offices.
- SPOC (Single Point of Contact) to take the temperature of everyone who enters the office.
- Signs have been placed around chambers to remind everyone to maintain a social distance and stay 2 metres apart. Signs also remind individuals of updated government guidelines and to wash their hands on a regular basis.
- Some seating has been cordoned off inside both offices to ensure individuals are able to maintain a 2 metre distance.
- Numerous hand sanitiser stations are situated around each office. Visitors and members of staff/chambers must sanitise their hands at the front door station when entering and exiting both offices.
Chambers is working hard to ensure that we can still deliver a high quality service without risking the health of clients, staff, barristers and the general public.
We will update this page should there be any further announcements. Alternatively, please visit our social media on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Please contact Bradford on 01274 72250 or Leeds on 0113 246 2600 should you have any enquiries. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Broadway House Chambers
Updated 31st July 2020